In today’s fast paced life, every one of us experiences the word ‘Stress’. It can be both i.e. short term and long term stress which is definitely unpleasant for our body as well as for the mental health. The most effective way to deal with stress is to practice and instill the stress coping strategies. There are numerous stress management strategies which subsume healthy eating as well.
Eating your comfort food helps in releasing stress is nothing but a myth instead we should opt for healthy stress relieving food. Yeah, eating may help you to keep calm and sane.
Foods which have High-fiber, low-fat, carbohydrate with lots of veggies and fruits help in releasing stress. Below are some superfoods which are definitely a big yes in managing your stress:
- Avocados: This fruit is a true stress reliever. It has medicinal properties which help in releasing stress. It contains glutathione which blocks the absorption of some fats that cause oxidative harm. It is rich in lutein, vitamin E and has folate more than any other fruit and has Vitamin B as well. Though it has many qualities but it is a great source of fat as well so it advisable to consume a limited portion of Avocado.
- Milk: Another superfood that makes into this list is ‘Milk’. Milk is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B2 which make it a best bed time remedy for people facing insomnia and stress. It is high in calcium and protein as well which helps in lowering down the blood pressure. The potassium is milk helps in relieving the muscle pain caused by the tension.
- Berries: One can call them superberries. They are high in antioxidants which help in protecting and repairing the cells. Blueberries, strawberries may seem small but there health benefits are beyond any medicine. They are the best source of Vitamin C which cures mood swings and tension. You can add fistful of these berries in a serving of yogurt, milk and any cereal.
- Almonds: A fistful Almonds can make your day. A healthy munching of almonds relieves the stress as they contain Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E which help in boosting the immune system during stress. You can add almonds to your cereal or opt for a glass of almond milk daily and you are good to go.
- Oranges: Oranges are best known for champions’ breakfast as it is rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in lowering down the blood pressure and stress hormone cortisol. It is advisable consume one orange daily or to have a glass of fresh orange juice to pick yourself up.
- Spinach: Spinach helps in regulating Cortisol level as it is rich in magnesium. Cortisol is responsible for nervous breakdown or stress. Spinach upholds the feeling of wellbeing and lightens up the mood.
If you add the above mentioned food to your diet and you can live a happy-healthy and stress free life.